Have you been naughty or nice this year? Either way, you’re sure to please in this candy cane holiday outfit using some of my favorite Charm patterns!
Inspired by Mary Poppins during the carousel scene, this outfit is perfect for a trip to Dapper Day in Florida or warm-weather winter holidays (for our Southern-hemisphere sewists). Of course, you could easily make it cozier with the addition of tights and a Princess Coat!
Fabric & Supplies
- The Patsy Blouse pattern
- The free Janet Jabot pattern
- The Waspie Corset Belt pattern (available to Patreon subscribers)
- Pink and white candy cane border print fabric from Spoonflower in poly chiffon for the blouse and skirt
- Red silk taffeta, red coutil, and white bone casing for the Waspie Corset Belt
- White cotton sateen for the skirt lining (although any white lining fabric will do)
- Red ribbon for the bow (see our bow pin tutorial here!)
- Straw boater hat with red ribbon band (I pinned a poinsettia hair flower to mine for extra festive vibes)
- All other supplies listed in the above patterns
- There were no special pattern alterations. Easy peasy!
- I sewed the Patsy Blouse with balloon sleeves and a band collar, and added the free Janet Jabot pattern during assembly following the jabot instructions.
- The skirt is 4-1/2 yards of fabric, hemmed 6 inches past the bottom of the candy canes. The finished skirt length is 28 inches (I’m 5’6″ tall), and I used the waistband from the free Charm Circle Skirt.
- Sew the Patsy Blouse as instructed, adding the Janet Jabot during assembly. Make a ribbon bow and pin to the center front of the blouse at the collar.
- Sew a gathered skirt using the waistband of the free Charm Circle Skirt. Since our poly chiffon fabric was see-through, we lined the skirt. If your fabric is opaque, lining the skirt is optional.
- Sew the Waspie Corset Belt as instructed, with one exception: for the four boning channels on either side of center front, sew exterior white boning channels (rather than sandwiching the bones between the corset layers as instructed).
Enjoy your Jolly Holiday in this festive look!