A jabot is a ruffled fabric embellishment along the neckline and front button placket of the blouse. It’s a great way to add interest to your button-down shirt patterns, like the Patsy Blouse, and I’m thrilled to offer this free Janet Jabot pattern!
Print the pages at full size (without scaling to fit), and tape together along the indicated lines.
Follow these instructions to add one to your Patsy Blouse:
- Cut 4 fabric pieces for the jabot, and pin right sides together to create the right and left jabot ruffles. Stitch along outer curved edge and straight edge with a 5/8-inch seam allowance. Trim and grade the seam allowance. Flip so the jabot is right side out and press. Baste along the curved edge and inner circle.
- After sewing the front darts on the Patsy Blouse, pin the short curved edge of the jabot around the neckline and pin the inner circle down the center front of the Patsy blouse, with the wrong side of the jabot to the right side of the blouse front. Baste into place.
- Attach the Patsy Blouse placket, and follow all remaining blouse instructions as written.
Janet Jabot Supplies
- Fabric for jabot
- Thread to match your fabric
- Pattern for the Patsy Blouse or button-down blouse of your choice