Join our team
Charm Patterns is a small independent sewing pattern company based in Newburgh, New York. Our mission is to merge vintage glamour with modern sewing content. We value diversity on our team, and actively work towards an inclusive culture.
We're currently looking to add to our team with the following positions. To apply, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We're growing quickly! If you have special skills you think would enhance our team, you are always welcome to send a resume to be considered for future openings.
Charm Patterns Studio Assistant
Charm Patterns is a creative and dynamic sewing pattern company looking for a smart and energetic studio assistant. This part-time position (at least 3 full days per week) has a strong focus on shipping, customer service, and day-to-day studio responsibilities. Our perfect candidate will also have some sewing experience, a strong interest in vintage fashion, and potential to grow into a full-time role. (Note that if you already have stellar garment construction skills as well as the other listed qualifications, you may be offered a full-time position initially.) This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated person to shine in a small-team setting. We value diversity on our team, and actively work towards an inclusive culture. The right person will be able to enthusiastically support all of our diverse customers and initiatives, in alignment with the inclusive ideals of the Charm Patterns brand.
- Provide accurate, timely answers to customer emails and concerns regarding billing, shipping, tracking, and general customer inquiries.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and work to establish a positive rapport with every customer.
- Correspond with customers and followers through social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Patreon, and YouTube when routine customer service needs arise on those platforms.
- Update customer contact information when needed (ex. shipping address, email address, phone number)
- Work with management to stay updated on product knowledge
- Correspond with wholesalers, invoice wholesalers, and ship wholesale orders
- Assemble sewing patterns
- Process customer orders through Ship Station
- Pack, label, and ship all orders for Charm Patterns and Patreon subscribers. We have a high order volume at times so the ability to work under pressure is a necessity.
- Process returns and refunds
- Keep track of inventory and provide a weekly inventory report
- Organize, order, and keep updated inventory of shipping supplies
- Organize and tidy studio, sweep, dust, and take out studio trash
- Help with general sewing duties (ex. fabric cutting, folding fabric, pattern cutting, hand stitching, pressing)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma/GED required (Associates or Bachelors a plus)
- Ability to remain upbeat, professional, and courteous with customers at all times
- Must be able to lift and move very heavy boxes and stand for long periods of time
- Must be available to work at least 3 days a week (the role could expand to 5 days for a candidate with stellar garment construction skills)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate data entry and MAC/PC experience required
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage your own work flow
- Willingness to learn sewing skills; existing sewing skills preferred but not required
- Willingness to gain familiarity with sewing patterns and terminology
- Ability to learn new software and systems like WooCommerce, WordPress, and Asana
- Knowledge of vintage fashion and design a plus
- Must be able to work in a dog-friendly environment