I wore this lovely combo during my Christmas-time Dapper Day adventure to the Disney parks in Orlando, Florida where I met so many beautiful Charm fans!
Fabric & Supplies
- The Lana Dress pattern
- The Dorothy Bolero pattern
- Black velvet fabric. I took mine from the studio’s stash, but any stable velvet will do. I prefer cotton velvet for sturdiness and ease of sewing.
- Red plaid fabric. Mine is a polyester plaid taffeta with metallic threads and came from Fabric Specialties on Etsy.
- All other supplies listed in the Lana Dress & Dorothy Bolero patterns
- I pinned a poinsettia hair flower to my bolero
- Mickey Mouse ears optional! 😘
- None! I sewed the Lana Dress with the Basque-waist option and the Dorothy Bolero with the wing collar. I made a slight adjustment to the usual recommended fabrics by cutting the midriff and outer petal in a contrasting fabric to the rest of the dress (rather than just contrasting the inner bra and/or petal like in the Lana samples in the pattern photos!)
- Sew the Lana Dress as instructed. I used the red plaid for the skirt, inner bra unit, and petal lining. The black velvet was used on the outer bra unit and midriff.
- Sew the Dorothy Bolero as instructed. I used the black velvet for the main fabric and the red plaid for the facings, although you could fully line Dorothy in the plaid (just follow the instructions in the booklet).
Enjoy the holidays in style in your lovely Charm ensemble!