Hi everyone! I’m currently looking for a group of sewists to pattern test a new Charm Patterns design. Please read below and if you are interested, fill out this form.
Here’s what I’m looking for:
- People whose body measurements are relatively close to a standard size on the Charm Patterns size chart (see below). It’s okay if you need to make minor fitting adjustments (i.e. adding to waist or hips, or grading between two sizes).
- Especially seeking people on either end of the size chart, size 2 and size 16 (all cup sizes), but I do need a range of sizes so don’t hesitate to fill out the form if you’re somewhere in between!
- Intermediate to advanced sewers who are able to work with steel boning, stretch woven fabrics, and are comfortable sewing pants.
Here’s what I ask:
- You print out a pdf of the pattern and sew it in an appropriate fabric (in this case, stretch woven). Please be advised that printing costs vary, but I do have an inexpensive online source for printing. You won’t need to tape anything together; it will be on large A0 sheets. Please be advised that at this point in the process, the pattern itself is in the early stages of graphic design, so it will look less polished than a finished pattern.
- Be able to work within the deadline (two weeks from receipt of the pdf)
- Please send me photos of you in the finished garment.
- Fill out my questionnaire giving feedback on the instructions, illustrations, and fit of the garment
- Once you’ve completed everything, I will send you $40 by PayPal to help cover any expenses incurred.