Welcome back! I always get a ton of questions about choosing a size, so I made some videos to help you. This first one tells you the right way to pick your Charm Patterns size.
Choosing Your Charm Patterns Size
Remember the order:
- Take your upper bust measurement and find it in the size chart on the envelope. That is your dress size.
- Scan down the column for that dress size until you find your full bust measurement. That is your cup size.
- Check the waist and hip measurement for the dress size you’ve chosen and see if you need to adapt the pattern.
Next, let’s talk about finished measurements and hip and crotch measurements for jumpsuits.
Finished Measurements and Crotch/Hip Measurements
The most important takeaway here is:
- Don’t be afraid of the negative ease! The garment measurements are smaller than your body. Don’t size up, as this garment is meant to be stretchy and snugly fitted.
- Take your crotch length measurement to see if you need to make pant adjustments (we’ll be talking about that in the next post). You do need a little ease in your crotch length, as the stretch only goes around your body horizontally, not vertically.
Please let me know if you have any questions! I’ll be back later this week with more info on pattern adjustments and making a muslin.