Preventing the spread of disease can be glamorous with these burlesque-inspired masks! Pick from two designs: use beautiful scalloped lace inspired by vintage lingerie or fabulous French veiling for an enigmatic look. Both versions are fully lined in breathable cotton fabric, have an interfacing layer to filter impurities, and a nose wire for a great fit. We’ve provided two sizes in the downloadable pattern. Make sure to watch my YouTube tutorial for step-by-step instructions on sewing both versions.
*Note that this mask (like all homemade masks) is not medical grade, it is for personal use only. This particular mask is intended for special occasions, though it still has the recommended two layers of woven fabric plus a layer of non woven interfacing for filtration– plus a nose wire for a great fit. (The outer layer of lace or net is purely decorative.) It can be washed as you would wash lingerie, in a mesh bag on the delicates cycle and then air dried.
Glamour Mask Supplies
• Mask fabric like cotton, cotton/silk blends, or silk
• Lining fabric like cotton or cotton/silk blends
• Fusible interfacing like Pellon Sheerweight Non-Woven
• Nose wire
• .5-in-wide (6 mm) soft flat elastic (or knit or braided elastic) for ear loops
• Scalloped lace that is at least 7 in (17.8 cm) wide for lace mask
• 9-in-wide French veiling for veil mask
• Flatback rhinestones for veil mask
• Gem-Tac glue for rhinestones