I’m excited to share this versatile Peter Pan-style collar with you! The Peggy Collar is a great addition to add a removable touch of class to any of your jewel-neck patterns like the Peggy Bodice.
Print the pages at full size (without scaling to fit), and tape together along the indicated lines.
Follow these instructions to create the Peggy Collar:
- Cut the fabric, lining, and fusible interfacing as indicated on the pattern pieces. Apply fusible interfacing to the wrong side of the lining.
- Cut two lengths of ribbon to your desired length and pin to the collar points, with the raw edge of the ribbon along the seam allowance.
- Pin collar fabric and lining right sides together. Stitch along outer curved edge with a 5/8-inch seam allowance. Trim and grade the seam allowance. Flip so the collar is right side out and press.
- With the lining opened out and seam allowances underneath, stitch along the lining 1/8 in (3 mm) from the seamline on the lining’s right side, catching seam allowances in stitching to understitch the lining. Press, rolling the lining’s seamline slightly to the wrong side so it is hidden underneath the collar.
- Turn the collar wrong side out, with fabric and lining right sides together. Tuck the ribbon inside the collar and stitch the inner curve from each collar point toward the center of the collar, being careful not to catch the ribbon in your stitching. Leave an opening 3 inches wide. Turn the collar right side out and press.
- Stitch the collar opening closed by hand.
Peggy Collar Supplies
- Fabric for collar
- Lining fabric for underside of collar
- Fusible interfacing
- Thread to match your fabric
- 1 yard of 1/4-inch-wide (6 mm) ribbon